John Lloyd and Bea, Vice and Coco named as 2015 Phenomenal Stars of the Year.
MANILA, Philippines — John Lloyd Cruz, Bea Alonzo ‘a second chance‘, Vice Ganda and Coco Martin ‘beauty and the bestie’ emerged as the big winners of the 47th Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Scholarship Foundation (GMMSF) Box Office Entertainment Awards.
The four were named Phenomenal Stars of 2015 for the box office gross of their movies last year, according to Pilipino Star Ngayon columnist Nora Calderon.
Meanwhile, Vic Sotto and Ai Ai delas Alas were named the Box Office King and Queen for “My Bebe Love: #Kilig Pa More,” also a 2015 MMFF entry.
The GMMSF Box Office Entertainment Awards is an award-giving body that honors the stars of the year’s highest grossing movies.
The awards night for the 47th GMMSF Box Office Entertainment Awards will be held at the Kia Theater in Quezon City on April 17.
Last year, Piolo Pascual and Toni Gonzaga were named Box Office King and Queen.
Some of the winners of the 46th Box Office Entertainment Awards:
- Film Actor of the Year – Jericho Rosales for ‘#Walang Forever”
- Film Actress of the Year – Jennylyn Mercado for “#Walang Forever”
- Prince of Philippine Television – James Reid for “On The Wings of Love”
- Princess of Philippine Television – Nadine Lustre for “On The Wings of Love”
- Breakthrough Male Star of Philippine Movies and TV – Alden Richards
- Breakthrough Female Star of Philippine Movies and TV – Maine Mendoza
- Most Promising Male Star – Ken Chan for “Destiny Rose”
- Most Promising Female Star – Maine Mendoza for “My Bebe Love #KiligPaMore”
- Breakthrough Recording/Performing Artist – Alden Richards