DOLE Reveals the top 10 most highest paying jobs in the Philippines today, List of records and information below are the estimated salary monthly payments to any possible individual applicants who will hired upon those jobs mentions.
The Revelations of this article is to encourage to those Filipinos who plan to go abroad,
Production Supervisor / General Foreman
Labor and Employment Sec. Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz bared the list on Thursday, citing the latest study of the Bureau of Local Employment (BLE).
The list includes jobs from creative industries, mining, aviation, computer services, banking and finance, business process outsourcing, and manufacturing.
Topping the list are Art Directors and Geologists which according to Baldoz, “can receive a corresponding median salary of P69,286 a month, while a geologist’s salary is P64,889 a month on the average.”
BLE reports that art directors in the film industry typically work with production designers and serve as the head of the art department. “He attends production meetings, oversees the film sets and special effects, supervises the production staff, and is responsible for allocating and maximizing the budget for the art department,” adding that depending on the qualifications and experience, art directors could earn a monthly salary of as much as P70,000, particularly those who work in big budget films.
BLE came up with the list “through the identification of median monthly basic pay and median monthly allowances of time-rate workers on full-time basis in non-agricultural establishments employing at least 20 persons in 65 industry groups within the country.”
Secretary Baldoz stressed that the salaries and jobs identified are not entry-level wages.
“The compensation are obtained after years of work experience and after attaining some level of competency, as most employers in the identified industries would require. Also, occupants of these high-paying positions need to have bachelor’s degrees related to the field, at the very least.”
She also encouraged graduating high school students to pursue high-demand courses and but also warned them trends.
“I also advice them to refrain from choosing courses based on what’s in vogue or fashionable, or, to use the popular social lingo of the youth, what’s ‘trending’ and popular. Just because a neighbor’s son or daughter will take up this or that course does not mean you should follow suit.”
“Graduating high school students and the seniors following them should realize this early the significance of making wise and excellent career decisions. They themselves can help resolve the jobs and skills mismatch problem by pursuing courses and skills that would easily fit them into jobs or entrepreneurship opportunities in the labor market.“
The Secretary also acknowledged the fact that some jobs that pay the highest salaries may be less popular and less considered.
Other Top 10 Specializations with High Salary – Junior Executives (1-4 Years’ Experienced Employees)
- IT/Computer – Software – Php 37,784
- IT/ Computer Network / Database Admin – Php 33,029
- Law/ Legal Services – Php 27, 033
- Actuarial Science / Statistics – Php 27,032
- Engineering Electronics / Communication – Php 26, 379
- Public Relations / Communications – Php 25, 153
- Technical and Helpdesk Support – Php 25, 078
- Sales – Telesales / Telemarketing – Php 24, 400
- Training and Development – Php 23, 762
- Customer Service – Php 23, 369
Junior employees specializing in IT/computer-software are the highest paid, followed by those specializing in network/system/database administration. Junior lawyers place third with average earnings of P27,033. Employees with 1 to 4 years of experience specializing in actuarial sciences/statistics and electronic and communications engineering round up the top 5.
Top 10 Specializations with High Salary – Supervisors ( 5 or more Years’ Experienced Employees)
- IT/Computer – Software – Php 67, 478
- IT/ Computer Network / Database Admin – Php 52, 319
- Law/ Legal Services – Php 39, 788
- Engineering Electronics / Communication – Php 34, 831
- Customer Service – Php 34, 772
- Sales Engineering / Technical / IT – Php 33, 396
- Marketing / Business Development – Php 33, 104
- Quality Control Assurance – Php 32, 978
- Sales – Telesales / Telemarketing – Php 32, 878
- Engineering – Industrial – Php 27, 032
Supervisors specializing in IT/computer-software, IT/network/system/database administration, law/legal services, and electronic and communications engineering placed first to fourth in the highest paid list in their level. Employees specializing in customer care get a noticeably high salary upgrade, as customer service supervisors placed fifth on the list. Sales and telesales specialists up to the supervisory level still managed to secure a place in the top 10, though other specializations would later surpass them in the managerial level.
Top 10 Specializations with High Salary – Assistant Managers/ Managers
- IT/Computer – Software – Php 100, 838
- IT/ Computer Network / Database Admin – Php 81, 274
- Technical & Helpdesk Support – Php 80, 405
- Customer Service – Php 76, 538
- Architecture/ Interior Design – Php 68, 616
- Training and Development – Php 67, 380
- Corp. Financial/ Investment/ Merchant Banking – Php 66, 362
- Finance General/ Cost Accounting – Php 59, 696
- Maintenance/ Repair (Facilities and Machineries) – Php 59,367
- Manufacturing/ Production Operations – Php 59, 153