Genesis 1 | The Beginning
1, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3, And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
4. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
5. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
6, And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”
7. So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.
8.God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
John 1:14 | The Word Became flesh
12. But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God—
13. children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.
14. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John testified concerning Him. He cried out, saying, “This is He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me, because He was before me.’”
16. From His fullness we have all received grace upon grace.
17. For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
John 6:63 | Many Disciples Turn Back
62. Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?
63. The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
64. However, there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray Him.)
65. Then Jesus said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless the Father has granted it to him.”
66. From that time on, many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:16 | Members of Christ | The Temple of the Holy Spirit
13, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food,” but God will destroy them both. The body is not intended for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
14, By His power God raised the Lord from the dead, and He will raise us also.
15, Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!
16, Or don’t you know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.”
17, But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.
18, Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a man can commit is outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
19, Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;