Is it True? Eating Durian Plus Cola, Alcohol, Milk, Coffee put it together may can cause of death, The new viral story about a 28 years old Chinese man death by durian, visiting Thailand who really eat massive count of Durian fruit plus drinking cola.
He labeled this combination as “cobra poison” and warned people not to drink cola right after eating durian fruit. He also said” that Thailand also released a warning not to drink cola or anything with high caffeine content within 8 hours if you eat durian fruit.
According to the source, Chinese guy suffered from caffeine intoxication in Durian caused by the surge in blood pressure that led to his sudden cardiac death. He wasn’t killed by eating durian alone, but he died from drinking milk after eating durian. Apparently, there are many rules about what’s forbidden when eating the unusual fruit, and unlike other urban myths, they are actually true.
The man was on vacation in Thailand where he first ate a lot of durian and then drank a lot of milk (there’s no explanation for why he drank milk after eating durian). He then died of a massive heart attack. The report described the poisoning as worse than a snake’s venom. It turned out that in Thailand, there’s a warning against eating any dairy products within 8 hours of eating durian.
You also cannot drink wine or cola. Nor can you eat eggplant. Additionally, diabetic patients are not allowed to eat durian or they could suffer strokes. People who are suffering from the cold, flu, coughing, bronchitis, or too much heat in the body are also advised not to eat durian.
If you do eat durian, never overeat it as the fruit can absorb water and expand in your stomach, causing constipation.”
One study conducted in the University of Tsukuba by John Maninang and Hiroshi Gemma showed that this deadly combination is possible. Durian fruit has a high sulphur content that impairs alcohol breakdown that can shutdown the activity of an enzyme that helps to clear toxic products in the body (aldehyde dehydrogenase) by up to 70%.
By that study, it tells that toxic materials failed to be cleaned due to the enzyme to not work properly due to the high sulphur content of durian.
If we notice and discuss sulfur is came from cola formulated in 1 glass “drinks with high inorganic acid content (such as Coca-Cola) or high sulfur-bound amino acid content such as yoghurt and buttermilk will result in acidification.”
Durian Fruit Harmful or health Benefits?
After drink soft drink eat Durian can be harmful to health or not. There are many stories about people who died before and after drink soft drink (cola) eating Durian.
Thailand’s Health Ministry: warned the public never even Thai durian does not take more than two servings per day.
The content of durian is mainly to watch the calories. Every 100 grams of durian has about 120-180 calories calories. One durian fruit with meat weighing 500 grams contains 600-900 calories. If you eat four pieces of durian it, then your body will get a burst of instant energy for 2400 -3600 calories, far exceeding the average daily requirement. Therefore, if you are overweight or obese, have high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes, you should be careful when eating durian. Pregnant women also should not eat durian.
Sulfur content (sulfur) on the durian is also known to inhibit the metabolism of alcohol. Eating durian with alcohol is very dangerous, could even lead to death. According to the study, durian extract inhibits the activity of aldehyde dehydrogenase, an enzyme that clears toxic product fraction, up to 70 percent.
According to New Scientist, scientists at Japan’s University of Tsukuba recently discovered that durian makes it much more difficult for the human body to break down alcohol. In a test tube, they combined fresh durian extract with aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH), the enzyme that functions as the liver’s main weapon against the toxic by products of alcohol metabolism.
The durian—probably because of its high sulfur content—nearly knocked out the ALDH enzyme, inhibiting it by up to 70 percent. (Or maybe the enzyme just couldn’t stand the smell, either.)
This could explain the occasional news story about deaths related to durian consumption, although it doesn’t quite support the urban legend that combining durian with liquor will make your stomach explode.
Some people believe that eating durian with coffee too dangerous. However, studies on this subject does not seem to exist so that the truth is not known.
Top 5 Durian Fruit Benefits
- Durian fruit soft and easy to digest. Simple sugars such as fructose and sucrose and simple fat on durian can recharge and revitalize the body quickly. Durian can be used as a food supplement for children who are underweight. Contrary to common understanding, durian contains no fat on cholesterol.
- Durian is rich in dietary fiber, which can aid digestion. The fiber content helps to protect the intestinal mucous membrane by decreasing exposure time and chemical binding causes colon cancer.
- Durian is rich in vitamins. Vitamin C content of its high antioxidant benefits. It also contains many B-complex vitamins, such as niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and thiamin (vitamin B1). These vitamins are essential vitamins that are not produced by the body and are rarely found in other fruits.
- Durian contains minerals such as manganese, iron copper, and magnesium. Manganese is used by the body as a cofactor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase. Copper and iron needed for red blood cell formation. Potassium is beneficial for controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Durian contains the amino acid tryptophan (“natural sleep pills”), which relieve anxiety, depression, and insomnia, and create feelings of euphoria, with increasing levels of serotonin in the brain.
- Durian can increase sexual desire (aphrodisiac), according to the belief of many societies in Asia.
The Facts why do we love Durian Fruit even the smell?
Myth Possibilities about eating Durian plus 1
- Durian plus Coke = Deadly Poison
- Durian plus Alcohol = Death
- Durian plus Milk = Heart Attack
- Durian plus Diabetic = Stroke
- Durian plus Overeating = Heatiness
- Durian plus Overeating = Constipation
7 Facts of Eating Massive count of Durian Fruits :
1. Durian and Milk/Alcohol/Coke/Egg Plant/Cooling Foods: does not have any form of adverse reaction that can trigger or resolve any health problems. These are common myth that are being spread through the media for ages. Durian ice cream is a common dessert, which has milk and durian!
2. Heart attack is caused by a blockage of the artery, as the heart muscle becomes “starved” for oxygen. Durian and Milk/Coke/Eggplant does not have blood clotting effect to cause such an effect.
3. Dietetic & Food Services at Changi General Hospital reported that: “Durians have zero cholesterol and no saturated fats. Cholesterol is found in foods containing saturated fats such as red meats, seafood and dairy products. Durians have heart-healthy monounsaturated fats which help to lower your levels of bad LDL cholesterol.” Therefore, it is a heart healthy fruit but moderation is always the key.
4. Dietetic & Food Services at Changi General Hospital reported that: “Eating durians and alcohol at the same time will not kill you. There is no scientific evidence to show that this is a lethal combination. It is more likely to cause bloating, indigestion and discomfort as your liver has to work extra hard to metabolise both fats and sugars in the durians and the alcohol, especially if you have consumed both in excessive amounts.”
5. Dietetic & Food Services at Changi General Hospital reported that: “Durians are naturally rich in potassium, dietary fibre, iron, vitamin C, and vitamin B complex. The king of fruits is thus excellent for improving muscle strength and blood pressure, bowel movements and skin health. It also supports the nervous and immune systems, and enhances red blood cell formation.”
6. According to conventional Chinese wisdom, a mangosteen / water drank from the durian husk, being a cooling component, will reduce the heatiness associated with durians. However, there is no scientific research to support this. The habit of eating durians and mangosteens together probably stems from the fact that the two fruits are harvested at about the same time.
7. In an animal study conducted by Chua et al. (2008), it was concluded that: to contrary to what some believe, the increase of body temperature caused by the consumption of durian was not significant. However, consuming any food that is nutrient dense will increase the body temperature.
There is no strong scientific evidence on whether durian can be termed as “heaty” as many factors are considered in Chinese wisdom to define something as “heaty”.
Let see this video the man who eat Durian with Cola.