The financial institutions are taking measures for fully ensuring the safety internet banking transactions. When a case of fraud detected, it often becomes clear that the customer’s PC is the weak link.
Consequently, it is not only up to the financial institutions to take all safety measures necessary and to adopt a cautious attitude, but also up to you.
- Make sure your PC is sufficiently secured (for instance by installing an up-to-date version and a virus scanner or a secured WIFI connection).
- If someone calls you up for your bank and asks you to give personal data and/or to sign electronically, refrain from taking any action at all, for your bank will never ask you to give this kind of information.
- Put your electronic signature only for orders you expect or have initiated yourself.
- In the case of doubt, immediately abort the transaction and take contact with your bank, especially when the procedure for signing differs from the usual procedure. All banks have a help desk where you can find the answer to your questions about internet banking. Access to this help desk can found on the bank’s website.
- Check your statements of account at regular intervals.
Depositors who are planning to invest, deposit, funds transfer through online sites we have high rated online bank providers scored well for features such as low fees, leading interest rates, technological innovations, and excellent customer services.